maple munchies

In my efforts to loose weight, the hardest thing to give up was maple
doughnuts.

I love maple and I love munching while doing something creative at work.
Here's a great maple snack to carry around in a ziplock for a quick munch.

Slice sweet potatoes into munchable shapes. Steam in microwave with a bit of
water and maple extract. I steam one 14-oz potato on high for 12 minutes
with 1 teaspoon maple extract and 1/4 cup water in a covered dish.  I cool
it in the fridge and then it fills a huge zip-lock I can take to work.

A 14-OZ psweet potato is about 280 calories and much, much more filling than
a 4-OZ, 500 calorie doughnut.

--Debee