Another Oatmeal Pancake

This is my favorite oatmeal pancake, .  A good bread
substitute!

 From a cookbook called "Feast of Eden" I found and tried
this recipe for Oatmeal Waffles or pancakes.  I did the
pancake version and thought it was really delish!  These
are a dense, heavy cake, but flavorful and very oatmeal-y.

1 1/2 cups QUICK cooking oatmeal
3/4 cup unsifted whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1Tablespoon oil
2 cups of buttermilk (or 2 cups skim milk & 2 teaspoons
lemon juice)
1 egg or your favorite egg substitute
flavoring or
vanilla flavoring.

Combine and mix oats, flour, sugar and baking soda. Add
remaining ingredients,
stirring to blend, LET STAND FOR 30 MINUTES, use batter for
waffles or pancakes.

Jo in Minnesota