Re: FATFREE Digest V99 #256

To Shannon:  To preserve your basil, place a layer of salt in a jar, place a
layer of basil leaves, another layer of salt, then basil leaves. This was
demonstrated on a public TV station Italian Cooking show. I can't remember
who should receive credit for this, but it sure sounded great. I guess salt
preservation is an old technique-good luck---Lois in New Jersey
Avalons@xxxxxxx