Need to change

> I've been lurking on this list for a couple of months, and have been
toying with
> the idea of one day changing my eating habits to Ornish's suggested
diet, this
> especially because of angina requiring angioplasty last February.  The
day has
> come, but the problem is, how do I begin?  Where do I start?  Does
anyone have
> an easy way to slip into this change in eating?
>
> This sounds stupid, I know, but I just can't seem to get started.  Any

> suggestions from others who might have had resistance/avoidance to
Ornish's diet
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brendan

I would say start out by cutting out any meats from your diet and have
maybe (fish or shrimp) once a week as a treat.

Substitute one of your meals entirely with a salad and if that is not
enough to satisfy you (I know how you feel) add either a vegetable soup
or a baked potato (or sweet potato) with fatfree toppings of course.

I make fatfree fajitas with all the fillings and no meat.  I use Fatfree
re-fried beans, fatfree sour cream, fatfree cheese, tomato, lettuce, hot
sauce, and low-fat wraps and they are pretty good.

I also make a pretty good garbanzo bean and pumpkin soup. (potaje)

I haven't figured out how to eat a meal of just vegetables...  If you do
let me know.

In the mornings I try to have yogurt and fruit.

Snack on popcorn, or pretzels.

But even I am running out of ideas...  especially quick ones that don't
require special ingredients which I never have when I need them.  It
takes alot of planning.

good luck

--
Olga