quinoa recipe

Viv, I this recipe came from a vegan cooking class.  We made this for our
dinner along with a wilted spinach salad.  Enjoy!

Rinse the quinoa in cold water and drain.  Bring the two cups water to
 boil and add the quinoa.  Cook 10-15 minutes, until quinoa has absorbed
 the water and you can see the white germ ring.

While the quinoa is cooking, make the following gravy recipe.

Mushroom Miso Gravy

1 onion, diced
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 cups water
½ cup dark miso
½ cup water

saute onion and mushrooms in water.  Add flour and stir continuously for one
minute to toast the flour.  Pour in 2 cups water and stir while bringing to
a boil.  In a separate bowl, mix miso and ½ cup water.  Stir miso mixture
into the gravy (after removing from heat) and serve over whole grains.

Susan Swierkowski
Roche Bioscience
(650) 852-1678
FAX (650) 855-5988
susan.swierkowski@xxxxxxxxx
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of
life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."  Albert
Einstein