Tomato paste

Here's a response to several weeks ago. I'm always hitting reply and that
doesn't work with this list so this message got delayed. But if it will still
be of use--
<<
 Now I have another question. Is it possible to make tomato paste at home
 from fresh tomatoes? I have checked my cookbooks and the web to no avail.

I made what passes for tomato paste (and is delicious) by oven drying
tomatoes (I used a tray full of cherry tomatoes, non-stick pan or mist with
oil, 350 degree oven for an hour
or so) and then whirling them up in my food processor until they were a
paste. The seeds show, but we consider them fiber and like them. I've used
the resulting mix as paste, sauce base, etc. I haven't tried freezing it yet,
but I think it would work if you did.

Laura Kennelly