Re: FATFREE Digest V99 #296 Steel cut oatmeal

I am looking at the can of McCann's Finest Oatmeal and I believe Debee must
have made a typo. These are Steel-Cut Oats, whole grain groats (the inner
portion of the oat kernel) which have been cut into only two or three
pieces. They are golden in colour and resemble mini rice particles.
 a 1/4 cup dry serving is 150 calories 2g fatand it contains nothing but the
best steel cut oats.  We make it every day   Soak overnight - Before going
to bed, boil four cups of water in a pot, turn off the heat and add one cup
of oatmeal. Cover the pot and leave overnight. In the morning cook over a
low flame for 9-12 mins.  I like to add dried cranberries .
served with skim milk or soy milk it is delicious and needs no additional
sweetener.  you can find out more at  http://www.mccanns.ie  you will learn
more than you ever thought about Oats.
TaTa for Now,
Nancy  Adkins
Homepage :  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/1669/

Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going!"