chocky mud muffins

Being a 13 year old vegetarian in Australia is hard.There aren't many
products available. Sanitarium is good though they have good tinned
foods and most are low fat. It is hard to find good recipees too. I LOVE
to cook. If I find a fat free book it isn't vegetarian. If I find a
Vegetarian book isn't fat free. This mailing list and website is
FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Here is recipee i found in a low fat book that i
changed slightly because of thr rules.

"Slim Trim and Tasty by Andrew Cate

Chocky Mud Muffins

Makes 12

1 cup of self raising (white) flour
1/2  teaspooon of Baking powder
4 tbls of cocoa
1 cup of sugar or subtitute (i only used 3/4 of a cup and it was fine.)
1/4 of ff milk ( I used about 1/2 a cup because it was a bit stiff)
1/2 of ff plain yoghurt
equivelent to 2 egg whites and 1 yolk ( about 1 1/2 egg equivelents)
1 tsp of vanilla essence

1.Sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa into bowl. Add sugar and
mix.

2. In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg substituteand vanilla essence.
Mix. Add to dry ingredients and mix lightly. If to stiff add a bit more
milk.

3. LIGHTLY spray a 12 non-stick muffin tin with oil-spray. Spoon in
mixtureand bake at 350 f for 15 to 20 minutes or untill cooked when
tested with a skewer.

Fat <1g fat   0.5g fibre

Notes:
I used real eggs because my family wanted some. They loved them. Unlike
me they are not ff vegetarians and can be fussy. Even my high fat loving
brother liked them. Mum said they were delicious and is taking for
morning tea to work. Dad likes them too and he usually doesnt like
choclate flavoured things.
Please tell me if you like them!

Kind regards

Cathy