Re: Spaghetti Squash

At 3:18 AM -0700 10/15/99, fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:17:05 +0100
>From: Maralyn <maralyn.olsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Spaghetti Squash
>
>Hello everyone,
>    I have at last found a spaghetti squash (I live in the UK and have
>never seen one before!)
>Now all I need is a fantastic, super duper recipe :0)
>All suggestions very gratefully accepted!!
>Regards
>Maralyn
 Hi,
Here is a receipe that I modified from Martha Stewart. She uses unsalted
b*tt*r in a lot of her receipes so you need a substitute.

 SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH FLEISHMAN'S NON-FAT BUTTER SUBSTITUTE
               Serves 4

                  2 medium spaghetti squashes (about 2 1/2 pounds
                  each), halved crosswise and seeded
                  Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
                  1/4 cup Fleishman's no-fat butter substitute or the
substitute of
                  your choice.
                  3 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
                  4 tablespoons ricotta No-fat cheese

               1. Heat oven to 400 degrees with rack in center. With a
               serrated knife, remove stems so squashes will stand upright.
               Sprinkle squashes with salt and pepper, and place cut side
               down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until
               translucent and flesh pulls away from skin, 30 to 40 minutes.
               Let cool 5 minutes.

               2. Using a fork, separate flesh into strands, reserving squash
               shells. Transfer strands to a large bowl.

               3.Heat no-fat butter substitute in  large skillet over
medium heat.
               Cook until dark golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add
               squash, 2 tablespoons parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
               Toss gently with tongs or a fork, to coat with liquid. Cook
until
               heated through, about 2 minutes. Spoon 1 tablespoon ricotta
no-fat
               cheese into each reserved squash shell. Divide squash
               mixture into each squash shell. Sprinkle with remaining 1
               tablespoon parsley. Serve immediately.

I have not tested yet but it looks like this would be real good.

Regards,
Don

Donald E. Stowe (Don)
Retired HS. Chemistry Teacher