Re: TOFU

Mellisa in Spain,

Here is a wonderful recipe for your tofu purchace which I find not only
delicious but very healthy and high in protein. Hope you injoy!

APPLE-NUT SALAD & TOFU-HONEY DRESSING

-5 Red Delicious apples, sliced
-1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
-3 stalks celery, diced
-1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in unsweetened pineapple juice, drained
-1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped ( i usually omit this )

DRESSING
-1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
-1/2 cup tofu
-1 tablespoon honey
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Place sliced apples in mixture of lemon juice and water. Add more water if
nedded to cover apples. At serving time, drain liquid from apples. Combine
apples, celery, pineapple, and nuts.

For the dressing: Combine yogurt, tofu, honey, and cinnamon in a blender or
food processor and blend until smooth. Chill.

Combine apple mixture with dressing and toss gently. Garnich with mint
springs ( I usually omit this )

Serves 8
Per 1/2 cup serving: 119 calories, 4 grams protein, 19 grams carbohydrate, 4
grams fat (29%) (thats why I use low-fat tofu and omit the nuts!)
2 milligrams cholesterol, 30 milligrams sodium.

From: LIFE'S SIMPLE PLEASURES
Carolyn Thompson