Re: Thanksgiving receipes

Here are a couple of receipes that I got from Jan Gordon of this list.
X-Sender:	destowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:	Sun, 24 Nov 1996 14:13:05 -0600
To:	destowe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From:	destowe@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Donald E. Stowe)
Subject: Dresssing and Gravy

From:	'rgl4@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jan Gordon)
Date:	Fri, 22 Nov 1996 08:17:06 -0500
Subject: NN Thanksgiving

This the low fat vegetarian version of the stuffing I made for years the
full fat way.  We all like it, even (especially) my omnivorous generation X
daughter and my macho cop son.
If you are fortunate to have family and friends to cook for this holiday,
give them the gift of healthy, life giving food! If you are like us, alone
the two of us this time, I hope you find a wonderful alternative.  We are
going to a vegetarian Inn in the Pocono Mountains we learned about, they
will provide a feast on Thursday.  We anticipate a wonderful weekend.  My
best to you all and, THANKS!

THANKSGIVING DRESSING
1	pound whole wheat bread, cubed
1	pound mushrooms, sliced
1	large onion, sliced
1	head celery, sliced
·	cloves garlic, minced
·	tablespoon dried sage
·	teaspoons dried thyme
black pepper
112 cup white wine
veggie broth or broth made from chicken flavor veggie broth mix 1
equivalent of non fat egg stuff, or if you are vegan - EnerG Egg Replacer,
equivalent to 1 egg
salt if you need it -
sautee all the veggies in white wine, I do it in batches, too much for my
biggest pan.  Add herbs to the sauteeing veggies.  Cook til veggies are
tender but not limp and mushies have let go of their juice.Mix veggies with
bread cubes.  Add egg and enough broth to make it all quite moist but not
soupy, you know, 'ust right.
Bake covered about 30 minutes, uncover and bake 1 5 minutes more.
Serve with mushroom gravy.

And here  is my wife's Tufu Pumpkin Pie

Tofu Pumpkin Pie

10 Oz.       Soft Lite  Silken Tofu, Blended in a blender until smooth
1              16 oz. Can Pumpkin
1/2 Cup    Granulated Sugar
1/2 Tsp.    Salt
1 Tsp.       Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp.    Ground Ginger
1/4 Tsp.    Ground Cloves
1               9 inch Low Fat Pie Crust --You can find Low Fat Graham Cracker
                 Pie Crusts in the grocery store

Preheat the oven to 425 Degrees F.  Cream together the pumpkin and sugar.
Add the salt, spices and blended tofu, mixing until thoroughly blended
together.  Pour into pie shell.  Bake at 425 Degree F. for 15 minutes.
Lower the heat to 350 Degrees F. and bake for an additional 40 minutes

Regards,
Don

Donald E. Stowe (Don)
Retired HS. Chemistry Teacher