Thanksgiving Ideas Re: FATFREE Digest V99 #311

In a message dated 11/11/99 7:20:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< To anyone who's celebrating Thanksgiving -
 Does anyone have any interesting food ideas? >>

Foe many years I had a Vegetarian Thanksgiving, with a stuffed Winter Squash
as the "centerpiece/Turkey" .. If you can find a Hubbard Squash, it actually
looks a little like a Turkey.. Use any "regular" stuffing or dressing
depending what part of the world you are in... and after scooping out the
seeds etc, having cut a circl eout o fthe "top" ..depending on which side you
wish to lie it on... stuff and bake about an hour..or until a fork pierces
the skin & flesh.. You can do the same with any large squash...ButterCup or
Hokkaido or.. I forget all the names ...But its worth finding a Hubbard..
they come in 3 kinds/colors.. Orange/Grey Green/Dark Green... and have a
large cavity after you remove the seeds etc..
For a Stuffing, I most usually used a Blue Cornbread with
Pecans/Mushrooms/dried Cranberries .. But also Wild rice with Fennel, Dried
Cranberries, hazelnuts..  Im sure someone has some specifically fat free
Stuffing recipes around..
Any kind will do.
You can also stuff individual Acorn Squash..But again, the Hubbard really
made a great satisfying "centerpiece" or "Turkey"..
                     Merrick