Re: Gyros

Hello...We use a mix made by Casbah.  This may be the one talked about
because it is part of Sahara Natural Foods.  They make tabouli mix and
falafel mix and pilafs and couscous too.  To repeat...the front of the box

will say CASBAH.

I make just as the instructions on the box direct, though I do not add the

whole cup of water.  I just add as much water as it seems I need.  I use
the tofu.  It smells just like real gyros, to me.  I bake the mixed up mix

in a sprayed bread pan, then cool, and slice thin and then reheat on a
cookie sheet in the oven.  This seems to make the strips firmer, in my
opinion.  We make the dip off the side of the box, though I use ff plain
yogurt and lots more cucumber and onion then they call for.

Bye...Elizabeth