Creamy Corn And Spinach

I liked the topping for this vegetable and will probably use it in other
recipes.  Perhaps nutritional yeast could be used instead of the FF parmesan.

This was one of many vegetables we had on Thanksgiving Day.

Kathleen

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                         Creamy Corn And Spinach

Recipe By     : Lean and Luscious and Meatless, adapted
Categories    : Side Dishes                      Vegetables

   2      teaspoons     favorite saute liquid
   1      cup           chopped onions
  16      ounces        canned cream-style corn
  10      ounces        thawed frozen spinach -- drained well
                        salt -- to taste
     1/4  teaspoon      pepper
                        ***TOPPING***
   2      tablespoons   wheat germ
   2      tablespoons   grated FF Parmesan cheese

Adapted to be fatfree.

You won't believe the wonderful, delicate flavor of this unusual
combination.  We serve it as a side dish and use the leftovers for a quick,
hot lunch:  just spread on toast and broil until hot and bubbly.

Preheat oven to 375F.

Lightly oil a 1-quart baking dish or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.

Heat saute liquid in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add
onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned and
edges begin to crisp, about 10 minutes.  Add small amounts of water if
necessary to prevent sticking.

Place browned onions in a large bowl.  Add corn, spinach, salt, and pepper.
 Mix well.   Spoon into prepared baking dish.

Combine wheat germ and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle evenly over casserole.

Bake uncovered at 375F for 30 minutes.

Each serving provides:  111 calories, 4g protein, 3g fat, 19g carbohydrate,
297mg sodium, and 1mg cholesterol. 1 vegetable serving, 1/2  fat serving,
1/2 bread serving, 32 additional calories.