CFS recipes

Sorry about your CFS.  I suffer from SAD and know something of what it feels
like to be exhausted much of the time.  These are some things that I do:

1.  Oven soups and stews.
    Split Pea Soup - Into a large ovenproof dutch oven, chop an onion, a
couple ribs     of celery, add a garlic clove, 1 teaspoon ground black
pepper, and a single clove.     Add a cube of vegetarian Knorr bouillon, 10
cups of water, a bag of rinsed and  sorted dry split peas.  Stir it up, put
it in the oven at about 250 and let it cook     several     hours.  Stir once
or twice to size up how well done it is.  Serve with    store bought whole
wheat rolls.
    Bean Soup - Same as above, but you can vary the type of bean you use -
navy    beans, black beans, whatever.
    Stews - any stew recipe can be made in the oven.  Sometimes I even do
these   at 200 degrees overnight or on the timer so I don't have to wait for
them to pack
    for our lunches.
2.  Make double or triple batches of everything when you do cook, and freeze
them    in the deep freezer.  This might    be difficult for the day when you
devote much     time to cooking, but you can    later always resort to the
"freezer food" when     you aren't up to any effort.  I often make speedy
spinach lasagne (2 large    pans)   and freeze it in individual servings.
Let me know if you want this recipe - it is     not fat free, but very low in
fat and you don't have to pre-cook the noodles. This    also    makes a quick
to pack lunch for my husband on occasion.
3.  Spaghetti squash with canned pasta sauce.  Newman has a great garlic
tomato  sauce that is fat-free.  Just put a spaghetti squash in the microwave
until done  (poke some holes in it and cook for 15-30 minutes, depending on
the size).
Hope these ideas help,
Ruth in Chicago