Ume Plum Vinegar

 If you check your local health food store or even Asian grocery, you'll find something called Ume Plum Vinegar. It's flavor is undescribable and delicious. I used to have Brussels with salt and butter, but since I tried
them with this vinegar, I won't have them any other way!! Christine

Right-o, Christine!  I love ume plum vinegar!
It's deelish in dressings.  Here's a pesto recipe using it.  Sorry it's not lower in fat content:

from Veggie Life (July '93). Can easily be vegan and is good for that bumper basil crop:

?2 Tbs olive oil, almond butter
?3/4 C vegetable soup stock
?2 Tbs brown rice vinegar
?2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
?1 Tbs umeboshi plum vinegar
?2 C fresh basil leaves or fresh parsley and 1 1/2 Tbs dried basil
?1/2 C crushed rye or wheat cracker crumbs
?5-oz can water chestnuts (about 2/3 C) drained and finely minced

1. In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except water chestnuts. Add more water as needed to make a smooth, creamy mixture. Put in a medium bowl.

2. With a wooden spoon, stir in minced water chestnuts. Adjust seasoning to taste. Makes 1 Cup.

**per 2 TBS serving; 47 Cal; 0g Pro; 3g fat; 141mg Na; 0g chol; 1g fiber