freezing asparagus

This is for Sue.
I really wish I had this problem, but this may work:
Blanch the asparagus,  shock and lay in zip loc bag, fill with cold
water,
squeeze out all air, lay flat & freeze.
Or you could try:  Blanch, shock, lay individual stalks on a cookie
sheet,  freeze.  When frozen store in zip loc bag.

Here's an idea for soup using those ends you just don't want to throw
away:   Slice very thin (of food process with a little water),  boil in
stock  with onion and  a diced potato butter buds  'til very tender.
Puree, strain. Season to taste.  Great hot or cold.  Fat Free

To Your Health,
Sam Miles, the Guilt Free Gourmet
http://www.GuiltFreeTV.com