veggie sausages

For Lisa, looking for vegetarian sausages...

I'm afraid I don't have a tried and true recipe, but combining two recipes
(one for tvp burgers, and one for low fat chix sausage), here's my best shot
at getting a flavor combination that might hit the spot. Let me know if you
try them how they came out! I'm thinking of trying it myself this
weekend...

@}-->---
Barb

TVP Sausages

6 oz TVP
1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
1 small onion finely chopped (optional)
4 oz white or wholewheat flour
1/4 - 1/2 cup bread crumbs (use more or less to get the desired texture)
2 eggwhites, beaten (or substitute)
1/2 - 1 t. ground sage
1 t. cayenne powder (for a spicy sausage; use less or omit if you don't
want it spicy)
salt and pepper to taste

Put the TVP into a large bowl.  Pour over the vegetable stock and leave to
soak for 15 minutes until it has been absorbed.

Add the onion, flour, beaten eggwhite, breadcrumbs, and spices.  Season
with salt and pepper. Add more breadcrumbs (or more liquid) as needed.

Form the mixture into patties. Spray with a fat free spray and fry in a
sprayed frying pan until cooked through.

You could also play around with adding other herbs or spices (oregano,
thyme. etc.). Hope this is useful!