Dinner for a bunch

>I need some MAJOR help here.  I was basically told last night that I
>will be having about 20 people over for dinner on March 30th. ...

Sounds nasty to me!!  I would go as simple as possible and cook something
like soup - do you have a big pot or crockpot?  This way it can be cooked
ahead of time and then just pick up some bread rolls to have with it.  I'd
make something kind of substantial like a minestrone with pasta and beans
in it to fill everyone up!  And its also not way out food so you don't have
to be bothered explaining to  everyone what it is that they are eating!

Or you could make a few different curries (although then you really need
the extra stuff to go with it).

good luck!

Annabel