Bean threads

Pour boiling water over them in a heatproof bowl and let stand for 3 to 4
minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.

That's it!

I suggest using scissors to cut the danged things before soaking 'em.
Putting them inside a large paper or plastic bag helps contain the bits that
go flying off in all direction.

Because they have no real flavor of their own I like to use them in soups or
with a sauce as with steamed chunks of vegetables.

Beverly Kurtin