cucumbers

  I have enjoyed the suggestions -more precisely, memories- about
cucumbers. Some of the nicest ways that we use them recall, for both my
husband and me, plates of the things, swimming in vinegar, fresh from the
garden, when we were children.
  No one has mentioned cucumber soup, yet, though. I'm not going to post
the recipe I use here, since it's based on chicken stock, but I believe I
have seen some recipes for it, without. So you might look for one of those.
  However you slice it, certainly the humble cuke is one of the 'tastes of
summer'.

Kathleen Wilson
Glenwood, Nova Scotia