Zucchini Burgers

> we have way to many Zucchini and yellow squash  I am now grating them
> and freezing them for use this winter but really would like some new ways to
> try the fresh ones.  Thanks
> TaTa for Now,
> Nancy L. Adkins

I submitted this recipe awhile back.  These ZUCCHINI BURGERS are good.

2 grated large zucchini
2 grated carrots
1 cup oat flakes (old fashioned oat meal)
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 to 2 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 onion finely chopped
2 stalks celery, diced w/ tops
1 clove garlic, minced
1 to 2 eggs or substitute as needed for proper texture
salt and pepper to taste
FF/LF jack cheese (I like a LF soy cheese that is called "Veggie Slices
pepper jack" -- it melts, spicy too)
sesame seeds
flour

Saute onion, celery and garlic in broth or PAM 'til soft. Mix with
remaining ingredients except cheese, sesame seeds and flour.
Flour cutting board and make patties, sprinkle tops with a few seeds.
Saute in a PAM sprayed pan with sesame seeds side
down.  Sprinkle top with few seeds. Turn over when brown on underside.
Sprinkle top with grated cheese and cook until cheese melts. Serve with
sprouts and fresh sliced tomatoes on whole grain buns.

Enjoy.

~Sandee