Vita-mix

Melissa,

I finally got a Vitamix this year and really love it. I
admit that I mostly make juice and frozen drinks/desserts in
it, especially in this heat!

Check around before you buy - I got mine for $375, but I've
seen them much higher.  I think they're worth the price
anyway.  I'm looking forward to more soups in the cooler
weather and experimenting with the grain grinding
capabilities.

Frozen slushy "coffee" (soy milk, grain beverage, honey, and
ice cubes) was fantastic and cooling this incredibly hot
weekend.

Kathryn