Vegetable Rennet

As others have posted, Nancy's and Continental Yogurt indeed
contain no gelatin or rennet in their ingredients list.

I checked the "Quark" that I buy from our local Cheese Board.
I love this stuff as it is the closest thing I have found to
French fromage blanc, even though Quark is supposedly German.
At any rate, one of the ingredients is "vegetable rennet",
described as containing (microbial rennet, sodium chloride,
sodium benzoate [as preservatives]).

Has anyone heard of this before or know anything about it?

Thanks!
Ellen
Ellen M. Sentovich
Cadence Berkeley Laboratories	1 510 647-2807 (office)
2001 Addison Street, 3rd floor	1 510 486-0205 (FAX)
Berkeley, CA  94704-1103		ellens@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ellen