CRUNCHY WHEAT BERRIES

AHHHHHHH-SURFING THE NET  !!

I myself was interested in topping salads, puddings, maybe even constructing
some kind of crust out of crispy wheat berries but I knew not how to get
them to the " crispy " stage. While surfing the net ( in the most unusual
places ) I came across this and thought others might be interested as I have
seen it mentioned here a few times now......

. For a 10 cups of crispy wheat berry snack, place 4 cups wheat berries and
12 cups boiling water in a container, cover, and allow to sit overnight. In
the morning, drain the water off and spread berries evenly onto a cookie
sheet. Bake at 300° F. until brown and crispy, about 10-15 minutes. Munch
plain or sprinkle on salads and desserts. To make cream of wheat from
scratch, toast wheat berries and then grind enough to yield 1 cup. Bring 3
cups water to a boil and add the grain. Return to boil, reduce heat, cover,
and cook about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve topped with honey,
fruit, or nuts.

It's not how much we give
but how much LOVE
we put into giving.