FW: FATFREE Digest V99 #3

Jan,
Hello.
I'm an on-again-off-again subscriber and was enjoying your recipes.
I was adding the following to my recipe program, but couldn't locate the
title of the recipe quoted below.  Also, could you tell me in what year this
cookbook, "
Vegetarian Soup Cuisine" by Jay Solomon and
"Fatfree & Delicious" by Robert Seigel
were published?
Thank you!
Christine
P.S. (Thank you, Michelle)

--- snip ---From The Natural Gourmet by Annemarie Colbin
This is good on lots of things!

1.75 ounce dried shitake mushrooms
2/1 cups water
4 large shallots, or cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 1/2 tablespoons kuzu (a thickening agent made from sea vegetable)
2 tablespoons soy or tamari sauce
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard (optional)

--- snip ---