Soup

Hello everyone,
   Here is an easy soup to make which is very tasty and satisfying.I
found the original recipe on the net a long time ago but can't remember
where.But to be honest I've changed it so much it bears little
resemblance.

6oz cabbage greens chopped up
1 lb potatoes peeled or not, roughly cut into bite size pieces
10 oz carrots sliced about 1/2 inch thick
6 oz onion chopped
2 sticks of celery
2 vegetable bouillon cubes
salt and pepper
1/2 generous spoon of curry powder (I used mild Korma)
The veg are only rough weights so give or take a little depending on
size of your veg (I only know the weight because I wanted to work the
calories out on Dietwatch)

Put all the ingredients into a 5 pint saucepan top up with water.Put on
a low heat for a long time (at least 1 and a half hours)
Take out 1/2 to 2/3 of the soup and put through the blender.Return to
saucepan, reheat and serve.

You can use different spices to suit your taste if liked.

Can anyone tell me. do you have the boxes of dried vegetables that we
can get here in the UK? I used mushrooms, onions, mixed bell peppers and
mixed country vegetables.If you do I can give you the recipe for this
soup using them which is really quick and easy to prepare
Regards
Maralyn