Rice and Bean Salad

I love this recipe and I always get requests for the recipe when I take it
to a potluck.

Rice and Bean Salad

4 Cups cooked brown rice (I use white Basmati)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup green onion, chopped (about 2 bunches)
2 stalks celery, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 - 4oz can chopped green chilis
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley (optional)
1 cup fat-free salad dressing or salsa (I use Best Foods Fat-free Italian)

While the rice is steaming, chop the veggies.  I usually rinse the beans
together in a big colander and then toss in the corn and peas and run cold
water over them to thaw.  Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Chill for at least two hours to let the flavors blend.
Note: this makes a lot of food.  It's great for a pot-luck.  (McDougall)

Susan Swierkowski
Roche Bioscience
(650) 852-1678
FAX (650) 855-5988