Skillet Recommendations

I've watched this debate go by, but could use a rebirth of it as I've
decided that I want a new one for Christmas.  As a long-term foodie, I've
tried various skillets over the years and have yet to find one I love.  I
want something that's going to last and last and really heat well.  Being a
techie, I know that copper or aluminum are the best conductors, so I've
looked at Calaphon and All-Clad but hate to invest without study.  All my
friends that are professionals use All-Clad.

Thoughts...

Gail