Re: FATFREE Digest V99 #98

In a message dated 4/11/99 7:22:57 AM EDT, fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 13:40:58 -0500
>  From: Anne Winter <rcyclsnd@xxxxxxxxx>
>  Subject: homemade yogurt
>
>  thanks for all the great recipes and ff ideas. i love this list!
>     I recently pulled my yogurt maker out of storage. Unfortunately the
>  recipe is missing.
>  I believe all I need is a little yogurt as starter and 2% milk.  I don't
>  remember the temperature at which it must simmer.  Any clues or recipe
>  suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  thanks, Anne

Sterilize 1 qt. of milk (skim works just fine) for a 5 cup yogurt maker.
After it cools to about 110deg F, stir in 1Tbs. of plain yogurt (be sure it
has active cultures in it). Pour the cultured milk into the containers, plug
in, turn on, etc. You'll have yogurt in about 24 hrs. Actually, I seem to
recall it often took less than 24 hrs.
Enjoy.

arnold