freshman 15

Jessica,

The freshman fifteen... oh, how well I remember! When I was at the
University of Maine I talked the head of the food services department into
starting, on a trial basis, a 1200 and 1500 calorie food plan; one line in
one cafeteria on campus was devoted to serving a well-balanced menu, with a
food plan worked out for the week and printed up on a sheet so you could
take it with you and know what to eat. It was very popular, and soon the
sheets (and the balanced 1200 or 1500 calorie eating plan options) were
available throughout campus. That was many many years ago, and I don't know
if they still even do it, but I remember the woman in charge was very nice
and accommodating and really liked the idea. The moral of the story: there
may be something similar available at Tulane. If not, be prepared to go to
the food services department and ask to speak to the person in charge of
planning out the menus -- maybe he or she would be willing to help you plan
out the right selections from the cafeteria selections! And, of course,
remember to exercise as much as you can -- it helps a lot with the stress as
well as the weight!

Good luck!

@}-->---
Barb