black bean burgers

This is for Laura, looking for black bean burgers... I have almost 50
veggie burger recipes in my collection, but none which specifically said
they were a morningstar imitation. These are the two I have... are either
similar to what you're looking for?

@}-->---
Barb

      Title: Spicy Black Bean Burgers with Cranberry Relish
 Categories:
      Yield: 1

      2 cn black beans; drained and
           -rinsed
    1/2 c  onion; chopped
    1/2 c  parsley; chopped finely
      4    garlic cloves; minced
      2    jalapeno peppers; seeded,
           -minced
    1/3 c  flour
      6 tb flour
  1 1/2 ts ground coriander
  1 1/2 ts ground cumin
    1/2 ts cayenne
      1    egg white; beaten
    1/3 c  bread crumbs
           nonstick cooking spray
      6    hamburger buns
           Cranberry-Ginger-Relish; see
           - recipe

  In large bowl, combine beans, onion, parsley, garlic, jalapeno peppers,
1/3
  cup flour, coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper, mix in egg white. Coarsely
  mash mixture into a thick chunky paste, or process in food processor,
  using pulse technique. Mix in bread crumbs, if necessary, to make firm
  mixture; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours for flavors to blend.
  Form bean mixture into six patties, lightly coating with flour. Spray
large
  skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat until hot. Cook patties
  until brownedm 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
  Serve on hamburger buns with Cranberry-Ginger-Relish.

  Contributor:  Woman's Day: Low Fat Meals, Summer 1997
-----

----- Now You're Cooking! v4.58 [Meal-Master Export Format]

      Title: Cranberry-Ginger-Relish
 Categories:
      Yield: 1

      1 c  cranberries; fresh or frozen
    1/4 c  brown sugar; packed
    1/4 c  celery; chopped finely
      2 tb onion; chopped finely
      1 tb ginger root; chopped finely
    1/4 c  cider vinegar
      2 tb water
      2 ts Dijon style mustard

  In small saucepan over high heat, combine all ingredients. bring to a
boil;
  reduce heat and simmer, strirring, until mixture is thickened, about 10
  minutes. Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.

  Makes 1 cup relish.

  Contributor:  Woman's Day: Low Fat Meals, Summer 1997
----
SPICY BLACK BEAN CAKES

1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs water
2 large scallions, sliced
4 oz. can diced green chiles
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
2 tbs chunky salsa
7 oz. box instant black beans
1 cup boiling water

optional garnishes:  shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives,
nonfat sour cream

Lightly spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Saute onion and garlic in
1 tbs water over medium-high heat until water evaporates and vegetables begin
to brown. Toss in scallions, chiles with liquid, tomatoes and salsa; mix well
and turn off heat.

Add beans and boiling water to skillet. Mix well, scraping the veggie mixture
up from the bottom of the skillet. Allow to stand until beans have absorbed
liquid, about 10 minutes. Form into 6 patties.

Spray clean, heated skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add patties. Saute
until patties are crisp on one side; turn and saute other side.

Garnish as desired.
kwvegan vegan