Jan Bennicoff's Baked tofu

I cleaned this up to print it. I hope it comes out okay when I try to
post it. Keep your fingers crossed.
Kim

             Oven-Fried Breast Of Tofu

    Recipe By : "The Almost No-fat cookbook" by Bryanna Clark Grogan

              1 1/2 cups water
              1/4 cup soy sauce
              tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
              teaspoons crumbled sage leaves -- or 1tsp. powdered
sage
              1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
              1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
              1/2 teaspoon onion powder
              2 pounds reduced-fat  firm or medium-firm regular tofu
              1cup Seasoned Flour
              ***SEASONED FLOUR***
              2 cups whole wheat flour or other grain flour
              1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
              1 teaspoon salt
              1 teaspoon onion powder -- (opt.)
              pepper to taste see directions

I fry the slices after marinating , without the seasoning flour and eat
hot or cold, delicious either way.Prepare Breast of Tofu Marinade by
combining in a 2-quart bowl:water, soy sauce, nutritional yeast flakes,
crumbled sage leaves, or powdered sage, dried rosemary, dried thyme,
onion powder.Instead of all or some of the traditional "poultry
seasonings" (thyme, sage, rosemary, etc.), use cumin, coriander, basil,
oregano, or whatever herbs are suitable for the dish you are making. For
spicy Breast of Tofu, add as much Louisiana-style hot sauce to the
marinade as you like.Rinse, drain and squeeze liquid from tofu that has
been frozen. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.

Marinade the tofu slices for as little as a few hours or as long as a
few days(in the refrigerator). Turn the slices or spoon over the
marinade from time to time, or store in a tightly lidded container, and
shake.
To cook, preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and coat the tofu slices in
flour, following Lay the slices in single layers, not touching, on two
lightly greased,dark-colored cookie sheets (the tofu won't brown
properly on shiny aluminum sheets). Bake until the bottoms are golden,
about 15 minutes.Turn the pieces over and bake until the other sides are
golden, about 15 minutes more. Use immediately or cool on racks and
refrigerate.The slices will keep well wrapped in the refrigerator for
several days.Cold Breast of Tofu slices can be used as a sandwich
"meat." Try them diced and mixed with celery and Tofu mayonnaise, for an
excellent sandwich filling or hearty salad to serve on lettuce leaves.
Serve hot slices topped with any sauce suitable for chicken or veal. Use
in your favorite casseroles , or slivered in a chef's salad instead of
chicken.