Re: FATFREE Digest V98 #252

>In a message dated 9/10/98 10:39:16 AM, ROSEY1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
><<I'd like to start a thread for you folks to help us find the IDEAL
>small, portable stove or steamer that you can carry anywhere. This would
>help us all a lot when we travel.
>>>
>Mike,
>I've seen an electric one burner type of thing that could be packed in a
>suitcase - you would need an adapter for Europe and I think you can get one
>for the cigarette lighter in you car. That might fit the bill.
>Cheri

I know you can buy single burner butane stoves (try a web search for
"portable butane cooker") which run on a canister of butane attached
to the side, and run for 2 - 4 hours on a canister of butane.  They're
not like colemans, which have a refillable canister, and unlike
coleman stoves, they are usable indoors.  Very common in japanese
kitchens as a replacement for the hibachi in the middle of the room
sort of thing.  I've seen Glo-Master, National, and a couple other
brands around.

neko

     Rosencrantz:  Shouldn't we be doing something... constructive?
Guildenstern:  What did you have in mind?  A short, blunt human pyramid?
            -- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead (mid 1960's)
                    kuroneko A T raindogs D O T net