popcorn toppings

Alglstar asked:
>Does anyone have any tasty recipes for toppings for air popped corn,
>(spicy, salty or mild) and how to make it stay on the popcorn itself and
not >fall to the bottom of the bowl.

I put soy sauce in one of those pressurized spray bottles (the pump kind
usually used to make a low fat "Pam" type stray) and spray some of that on
my air popped popcorn. I love it! I've also had it with nutritional yeast
before -- I seem to remember that it sticks relatively well to the popcorn.
Somebody recently suggested that I try a really good balsamic vinegar as a
topping -- sounds good, but I haven't tried it yet.

>Is air popped popcorn itself nutritious? I am making my own popcorn from
>stratch, because I have heard of the dangers of microwave popped corn, so
I >stopped using it.

I remember a friend of mine who was majoring in nutrition had a question
once on an exam, and the answer was popcorn -- something about it being one
of the more nutritious and filling snacks, calorie for calorie, as long as
it's air popped. I think that about 33 grams of unpopped kernels ends up
creating about one hundred calories worth of popcorn -- which is a really
filling and satisfying snack, to me.

By the way, I don't have an air popper, so I just put about 33 grams of
kernels in a plain small paper bag, and crimp over the top 1/2 inch or so
really well to close the bag, then microwave until there is about 3 seconds
between pops... Works great!

@}-->---
Barb