re' greens going bad-storage

Hello...My mother gave me some of those breathable bags for produce.  My
problem is  is that my fridge gets really jammed.  We have lots in it, as
we have a medium size family that likes to eat and we eat most of our meals
at home and I buy in bulk from a food buying club.  If I did not store my
lettuce in a hard container it would be crushed and broken and that would
lead to quicker spoilage.  I have transferred my baby carrots to the bags and
put my washed cauliflower and broccoli flowerettes in them.

Now re' lettuce on sandwiches.  My children refuse to have lettuce on
their school lunch sandwiches.  They say it gets soggy.  Now I put them
on my own for work and I don't seem to notice a problem.  I gave up
with them.

Bye...Elizabeth