Easy corn chowder

Hello...Just read the recipe that came through today for the creamy
corn soup.  In case anybody wants a non-dairy version here it is.

EASY CORN CHOWDER

2 cups diced white onion             1/4 teaspoon gr sage or poultry
1 1/2 cups diced celery                      seasoning
1/2 cup diced carrot                 2 tablespoons powdered chicken-flavor
4 cups peeled,cubed potatoes                 broth **
  (1/2" cubes or smaller)            3 cups frozen corn kernels

**Frontier brand chicken flavored broth powder/meatless...0g fat

Put vegetables (except corn) and sage into large pot.
Add water to cover and simmer
over low heat until veggies are soft.  Add powdered broth and simmer
and stir a bit longer.  Remove one third of the soup with lots of
vegetable in it and set aside.  Whirl the rest in a blender or food
processor until smooth.  Stir the reserved veggies back in, plus
the corn.  Return
soup to simmer and continue to cook over low heat stirring frequently
another 15 minutes.  Serves 8

This recipe is from THE AMERICAN VEGETARIAN COOKBOOK by Marily Diamond.
She uses a Tablespoon of oil in the original but I never have.  I also
have to double the recipe when I make it.  My family eats several bowls
for each person, so it doesn't last long.