rice pudding; tofu pumpkin pie

Hi all--

I'm just catching up on the list after being out of cyberspace for a
few weeks.

Pumpking tofu pies are actually quite easy to make.  I process soft
tofu in my food processor until soft (I use Hinoichi--the water-packed
stuff--with excess water poured off).  To one of these (I believe
14oz) cartons I add about three cups of pumpkin puree, 3/4 cup honey
or other sweetener (honey seems to work best, though) and then the
spices.  Spicing isn't my strong suit, but I think I added about 1.5
tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, and 1/4 tsp allspice.
Another idea for the pie, while I'm at it, is to use graham crackers
for a simple crust (my cooking skills do not extend to *anything*
involving a rolling pin)--I simply line the bottom of a squarish pan
with whole low fat cinnamon grahams and pour the pumpkin mixture on
top.  It turned out surprisingly well (my SAD brother ate it even
*after* I told him it had tofu).  There are also a couple of recipes
in the archives.

re: rice pudding.  I know several people have already posted recipes,
but I found this wonderful recipe in Jay Solomon's 150 Vegan Favorites
and couldn't resist posting:

Mexican-Style Rice Pudding

2.5 cups rice milk
2 cups leftover white or brown rice (cooked)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup dark raising
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 whole cinnamon stick (NOT ground cinnamon)
1 (2-inch) strip of lime or orange peel.

combine all ingredients.  Cook over medium-low heat about 30-40
minutes or until mixture is thick.  Stir frequently.  Refrigerate
about 1 hour before serving.  Remove cinnamon stick and citrus peel
before serving.

Laura's tip:  If you use vanilla rice milk, you may find it necessary,
as I did, to reduce the sugar and omit the vanilla.