Granola--Fat Free Ovo

I like my granola to be kind of chunky, but it's tough to get the right
consistency without oil.  Well I think I found the solution: egg whites.

They make the ingredience stick nicely together, but still bake up
crunchy,
without too much sugar and no oil.

6 cups rolled oats
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/3 cup unrefined sweetner (honey/molassas/maple/sorgum/etc)
3 egg whites
1 cup dried fruit, chopped
300? Oven

In large bowl mix oats, cinnamon and ginger.  In separate bowl, mix
sugar and
egg whites until combined.  Add to oats and mix.  Loosely pat into large
non-
stick cookie sheet at bake at 300? for 30-40 minutes, stirring after 20
minutes.  This mixture tends to get very dark, so adjust time to your
taste.
When done, let granola cool before adding fruit.  Store in airtight
container.  This has about 15% of it's caleries from fat, do strickly to
the
oats themselves.  If you mix in rolled wheat, rye, or other rolled
grains, it
may lighten it up even more.  Serve with non-fat milk or
yogurt.

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.