Baked Potato Toppings

Christina,
	I've been McDougalling (mostly--sometimes with less discipline than
others) for almost a year and a half; I've gotten so I actually prefer
baked potatoes with only salt and pepper.  I do, however, sometimes put
toppings on them.  Now and then I make a vegetable dip from seasoned
low-fat silken tofu; a small plop of that on a potato is sort of like ranch
dip (but too much will make it high-fat).  Some people love salsa; I prefer
to heat a can of meatless chili beans for a "mexican" topping.  Leftover
stew can be used, and homemade mushroom soup is one of my all-time
favorites.  You're really only limited by your imagination!  Once you get
used to going without butter and other dairy products, you'll wonder why
you ever thought you liked to eat potatoes that way!  Good luck!

Jane
---------------------------------------

>I'm having trouble
>cutting out all dairy.I'm looking for something to put on baked potato's
>other than ff sour cream,There's nothing worse than dry baked
>patato's.Thanks for any suggestions!
>
>christina

     Jane Smith
     mjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA