carbohydrate choices

Hi Everyone!

I want to start eating healthier carbohydrates than the white bread, white
rice, regular pasta, and microwave popcorn (fat free of course) I am used
to. I went to a helath food store (WHOLE FOOD) and was overwhelmed with
all the choices. If I want to start developing a habit of liking a really
healthy food which one should I pick? I read somewhere that brown rice is
a very healthy food but when I went to get some brown rice there were
three different kinds at least. Any suggestions?

If it is relevant, my biggest fittness goals right now are losing about
5-10 lbs of fat and increasing flexibility (and then building muscle and
increasing endurance). Thank you! -AL