dawn, lynda's husband

Hi-- lurker here-- just want to add one more re. Dawn's situation.
I have the same situation at home & after much pushing & pulling (13 yrs
this August :>) we've finally found a routine that's comfortable for
everyone. He has tried a number of times to go veg-- he knows it's
healthier-- but always relapses :>.
Anyway-- most nights he eats what I eat plus a broiled or grilled piece
of meat or fish. I have a collection of marinade recipes so he feels like
I "prepared" his meal, but really it just sat in a zip lock bag. I tried
for years to do casseroles, etc.-- half a lasagna w/ meat, half w/
mushroom, etc., but actually he feels better "fed" (but eats less) when
he gets a meat & 2 sides.

Which brings me to Lynda's husband! :) I totally agree with him re. not
liking food that's been processed to resemble meat. I think this is why
folks fell in love with Portabello mushrooms. They are sort of the size
of a SAD meat serving, but they are what they are. My family has totally
gotten away from pot meals & casseroles too-- a couple of single
ingredient dishes (black beans, asparagas, sweet potato, whatever) artfully
seasoned seem much more satisfying to us than a stew or soup, etc. (Not
that soup isn't yummy-- but now it's a treat!) And this sort of set up
REALLY makes the little old man inside my husband's head happy. (The
little old man who really wants a wife at home cooking & cleaning-- Not
that he would EVER admit he has a little old man in his head, even to
himself!!)

Oh, one other thing for Dawn-- when he's in the mood, my husband REALLY
gets into cooking Chili & Spaghetti-- manly man food. I don't really know
how this happened except that mine was too bland for him (I DIDN'T do it
on purpose!) But he gets out there & whips around like he's in the chili
cookoff-- makes a HUGE mess & has a great time. Then he has his meals for
ready for about three days. And EVERY time he eats he says "MAN! This is the
BEST chili ANYONE has ever made!"

Good luck! and Congratulations!
- Marya