Marinated Baked Tofu

Here are two recipes that I have used for Marinated tofu.

Baked Tofu Cutlets from D. Ornish - Eat More Weigh Less. (This is probably
closest to those you can buy)

16 ounces firm tofu
 4 Tbs. fresh lime juice
 4 Tbs. soy sauce
 1 tsp. honey
 1 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot
 1 tsp. minced garlic
 1 tsp. chili sauce

Slice the tofu into 4 slices lengthwise. Set aside.
In a flat pan or nonstick baking dish just large enough to hold the slices
in a single layer, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic
and chili sauce. Place the tofu in the marinade and refrigerate for at
least 2 or up to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Remove the dish from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Bake
for 45 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Per sv: 108 cal; 2g fat; 1054mg sodium.
NOTE: There is now a lower fat tofu on the market which would lower the fat
content (I don't mean Mori-Nu - I'm not sure of the brand - maybe White
Wave?).  Also, I like to press the tofu before I use it (see next recipe) .

Broiled Tofu from Student's Vegetarian Cookbook by Carole Raymond  (I use
this recipe when I'm in a hurry and don't want to turn on the oven)

1 block (12 oz.) extra-firm or firm Chinese tofu (in water)
Prepared Hoisin sauce or Marinade

MARINADE
 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
 3 Tbs. soy sauce
 2 tsp. catsup

1. To press the tofu, sandwich the tofu between two plates. Weigh the top
plate with a heavy book, and press for 30 minutes. Remove the weight and
top plate, and empty the water from the bottom plate. The tofu is now
ready.
2. Preheat the broiler. Slice the pressed tofu into thirds lengthwise.
Place the tofu on a lightly oiled baking sheet and spread the tofu with the
marinade.
3. Broil the tofu 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each
side, until browned and crisp on the edges. Serve it straight from the oven
or make a tofu sandwich on toasted multigrain bread topped with your
favorite condiments. Makes 2 servings.

Hope you find one of these to your liking.  Patty