Fat-free butter sprays

I'm sorry to be the one to break the bad news, really I am.  Unless the
ICBINB spray has changed recently, 100% of its calories come from fat.  The
way the manufacturers are able to claim it's fat-free is by following the
guidelines that allow them to round anything below 1/2 gram of fat to zero.
 By listing a small enough amount of the product as one serving, they come
up with less than 1/2 gram and can legally claim it to be fat-free,
although it actually contains lots of fat.  Theoretically, you could do the
same thing with any high-fat product; if the serving size is small enough,
even butter or vegetable oil could qualify as fat-free.  Shame on them!

Jane

>I've found that the 'I Can't Believe it's Not Butter' spray to be pretty
>good on veggies and such. Works great on air-popped popcorn, helps the
>salt or your condiment of choice stick a little better and 0 grams of
>fat.

     Jane Smith
     mjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA