powdered soy milk/veggie 'chips'

Two random questions:

1) Has anyone had any experience w/powdered soy milk?  How does it
taste? Where can I buy it (I live in CA, mail order would be fine, too)?

2) I've heard that it's possible to make potato or other vegetable
'chips' by cutting root vegetables into very thin slices and baking
them.  Has anyone done this? At what temperature should I bake them? I
know I should just try it and see, but I wanted to see if anyone has any
tips first.

Take care,  Rana ;-)