Fw: FATFREE Digest V98 #64

Here's a suggestion for making Instant soups.  Use Vegetarian Broth Powder
(Recipe follows) and add some of the very fine quick cooking pasta that
I've seen in the HFS, or couscous, or instant rice. I use 2 heaping
tablespoons of the following broth powder to all my pots of vegetable of
legume soups, vegetables and casseroles. Really enhances the flavor.   You
will need to add salt and pepper to taste.

Vegetarian Broth Powder

2 cups dried mixed vegetable flakes
1/3 cup onion flakes
2 Tbs. garlic powder or granulated garlic
2 Tbs. Herbes de Provence or a mixture of thyme, marjoram, rosemary,
fennel, sage
             (or any of your favorite herbs)
1 tsp. thyme
2 Tbs. Hungarian paprika (sweet, not hot)

Blend all ingredients in blender until granulated and powdery. Do NOT over
blend as it will overheat and pack down in a solid lump. Store in a
screw-top jar in a cool place (not in a plastic jar - bugs love this and
will eat through the plastic)

NOTE: Dried vegetable flakes are available from Jaffe Bros. (760-749-1133)
in California for 2 lbs./$13.05 and $27.90/5 lb. (+ sh.) and from Walnut
Acres (800-433-3998 or http://walnutacres.com) $4.95/8 oz., $7.99/1 lb.,
$21.59/3 lb. (+ sh.). This may seem expensive but 2 lbs. dried vegetables
is an awful lot of vegetables and lasts me almost a year.
Hope this is of some help.
Patty Swanson