Re: Asian grocery- dried shitake ?

>> They looked just like dried shitakes to me, but there was no info
>> explaining what kind of mushroom. I saw dried shitakes before
>> that were about $3.00 for one ounce.  What kind of mushrooms
>> do you think these are?
>I bet they're Chinese dried black mushrooms.
>Kate

I think Kate's right. Chinese mushrooms are very popular in Singapore. The
top quality ones are really expensive here - and really flavourful as well.
My mother loves those and she uses them in her mixed vegies stir fries and
her stews. Soak them in water for a couple of hours to soften them before
using. I like to eat my mushrooms sliced into thin strips.

Enjoy!

Karen
Karen Lim
Singapore