Gravy

Hi-
	I saw the post that said that someone was looking for brown gravy
recipies..sorry that it took me so long to post it. This is really quick,
and I find it to be just fine-a gourmet would turn their nose but, but its
fine for my proletariat tastes...
Easy Brown Gravy
(I don't measure anything, so bear with me)

about 1/4 cup of flour
about 1/3-1/2 cup of water (depending on how thick you want it)
ground pepper, to taste
sage (optional-I don't always use it)
mushrooms (I use canned 'cause they're cheap, as many or as few as you
want, or don't use them at all)

Cut the mushrooms up a bit. Toss the flour, spices, and 'shrooms in to
non-stick pan and saute on high until the flour starts to turn brown. Be
careful, though, don't let it burn. Just let it toast. Then add the water,
stirring briskly with a whisk or a fork. Turn down the heat to medium low
and let it simmer until it thickens, stirring occasionally.

Gayle Dannette Green
	gayle.d.green@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

					"The Truth is in The Truth"
										-Max Weber