Vegetarian Lasagna

I got this recipe from the fatfree archives.  I left the olives out when
I made it. It turned out really well, and the whole family liked it.  The
only suggestion I have is to use fresh spinach.  The frozen spinach is too
hard to handle and falls apart easily.  Does anyone have any suggestions
for making the lasagna easier to cut? It always falls apart when I cut it.
TIA
Rhonda

     Hearty Vegetarian Lasagna (serves 6-8)

8-10 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained & rinsed in cold water
16 oz. fresh spinach, washed, stems removed; or subs. 2 boxes
        frozen leaf spinach, thawed
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 c. grated carrot
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. pitted ripe olives, sliced*
2-3 T. chopped fresh parsley
few T. sauteing liquid
1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
1 6-oz. can tomato paste
14-16 oz. crushed tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
8 oz. LF/FF cottage cheese, mixed with
8 oz. LF/FF ricotta cheese
1-2 tsp grated lemon peel, added to cottage/ricotta cheese (optional)
16 oz. grated LF/FF white cheese - monteray jack, mozzarella, or combo
Parmesan cheese (FF) to sprinkle on top

Preheat oven 375 deg. F.  Cook spinach (if fresh) in small amt of liquid
in
large skillet until wilted; set aside. In skillet in sauteing liquid, cook
garlic a few minutes, then add onions, carrots, mushrooms, basil, oregano
and parsley; cook until tender. Add all tomato products and olives; cook
over low heat till heated through (5-8 min.). Lightly oil 13x9x2 baking
dish. Spread a tiny amt. of veggie sauce mixture on bottom, just to
moisten
noodles; then using half the ingredients, layer:  noodles (edges slightly
overlapping), cottage/ricotta cheese mixture, spinach (spread leaves out
as
much as possible), grated white cheese, and sauce. Repeat for second layer
with other half of ingredients. Sprinkle top with grated parmesan. Bake
for
30-35 minutes (may need to put foil under to catch drips), remove from
oven
and allow to set for about 10 min. before serving. Freezes well.

*adds 1 to 2 g. fat per serving, depending on serving size