Portland Oregon Vegetarian friendly restaurants

Hi..elle here.
Portland abounds with great restaurants for folks with  vegetarian and
low fat food needs.
By far, the best known is Macheesmo Mouse..it's a chain and there are
several in the Portland area.  Their Veggie Burrito is wonderful.  It has
a rather unique sauce that I would advise asking for 'on the side' the
first time you try it.
Additionally, Old Wives Tales, located close in on the east side of the
Willamette has a large selection of low fat and Vegetarian dishes.
If you will be downtown Portland, there are lots of small cafes that have
bento and grilled veggies and a particularly wonderful streetside kiosk
on the Transit Mall.  Debbie, the burrito maker at "El Sol" , packs a fat
free wheat tortilla with fat free black beans, vegetarian refried beans,
lettuce salsa onions and olives for $3.75.  It's a meal and a half!
I suspect there is a Macheesmo Mouse in Salem (I know there is one in
Seattle at the Airport).
One of my favorite places is Braseree Montmarte, where the French onion
soup (ok..there IS cheese on it but...) is to die for and the soup and
Caesar salad make a very nice meal.
Of course, Portland is the home of the Gardenburger, and it's available
at several fast food restaurants including Dairy Queen (you have to be
VERY specific about what you want on it or you get oodles of their fatty
sauce)..I think either Burgerville or BurgerKing also has started
carrying the gardenburger.
If you haven't a Trader Joes in your home town, you have to go..there is
one in Beaverton and a couple of others scattered around.  Trader Joes is
one of my fat free and veggie mainstays.
And....I'd like to invite all of you who are interested to join the
Vegetarian Weight Removers list...A weight loss support list
for..vegetarians and fat free dieters.
to subscribe..send a post to
list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with